Twin Bridges Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic – Aamjiwnaang Satellite
Currently accepting new patients. Wheelchair accessible.
Monday & Wednesday afternoons and all day Thursday’s.
Please call the Health Centre for information on becoming a new patient or to book an appointment.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
Nurse Practitioners provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment and referral, similar to physicians. If you register with this clinic, the Nurse Practitioner will become your new primary care provider.
A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse with advanced university education who provides personalized, quality health care to patients. Ontario nurse practitioners provide a full range of health care services to individuals, families and communities in a variety of settings including hospitals and community-based clinics in cities and smaller towns in Ontario. They work in partnership with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals such as social workers, midwives, mental health professionals and pharmacists to keep you, your family and your community well.
A nurse practitioner can make referrals to appropriate services. As a member of your health care team, NPs can:
- Diagnose illness and injuries
- Perform physical check-ups
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Provide counselling and education
- Provide treatment
- Order procedures
- Refer clients to other health care professionals and specialists
- Prescribe medication.
- Manage chronic diseases such as diabetes, COPD and asthma.
- Treat, transfer and discharge both in-patients and community out-patients from hospital
- Cast fractures and reduce dislocations
- Order blood products and oxygen
Link to Twin Bridges Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic – http://www.tbnplc.com/