Membership & Estates Officer
Aamjiwnaang First Nation Administration Office
978 Tashmoo Ave.
Sarnia, ON N7T 7H5
The Membership Office administers, manages and registers all documentation regarding memberships. The Membership & Estates Officer gathers information for the Membership data base. This information is important for the data base for voting procedures for First Nation elections.
Non-Insured Health Benefits does not cover the medical expenses after a child reaches one year of age. It is the parent’s responsibility to register their child as soon as possible. Hospitals have provided the following websites where you can register your child www.ServiceOntario.ca. You do need a Visa Card to do the on-line registration, it’s faster too.
In order to register your child for Indian Registration (his/her personal Indian Registry number), which is completely different form a Birth Registration; members are required to submit an original Statement of Live Birth and a Statement of Parent’s Consent Form. It cannot be a copies. We send them to Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, Canada by registered mail and that’s how they are returned to us.
Secure Certificate of Indian Status Application Forms:
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Guarantor Declaration
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Parent or Legal Guardian Application for Applicants Fifteen (15) Years of Age or Younger or a Dependent Adult
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Adult Application For Applicants Sixteen (16) Years of Age or Older
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Statutory Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Damaged or Destroyed SCIS
The above noted forms are available in the Membership Office at the Band Office
Secure Certificate of Indian Status Application Identity Documents:
- AANDC –https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca
- Estates In Brantford: Brantford Business Centre, 58 Dalhousie St. 3rd Floor, Brantford, ON N3T 5W5, Tel: 519-751-2499, Fax: 519-751-2666