Wilson Plain Jr.
Emergency Management Planner
Aamjiwnaang First Nation Administration Office
978 Tashmoo Ave.
Sarnia, ON N7T 7H5
Phone: 519-336-8410 during regular band office hours
Phone: 519-330-8749 after hours
Emergency information will be made available to the residents of Aamjiwnaang on this website, as well as on a Facebook. Information is also provided for individuals and families to prepare themselves in case of an emergency such as extreme weather, power outages, chemical incidents and others.
Winter Alert – see attached Notice.
All houses located in Aamjiwnaang received their free Starter Emergency Kits in January 2015. The kits have items included that can be used as a starting point to assist families in building their own emergency kits to meet their own family’s needs in an emergency situation. Emergency preparedness is the responsibility of all individuals and families. There may be a few of the free kits available for off-reserve band members. Check with the reception desk at the band office on availability. Please read the attached information on Home Emergency Kits.
Emergency Response Plan
The Aamjiwnaang Emergency Response Plan has been reviewed and updated. The plan is being further reviewed by the Emergency Planning Community Advisory Committee and should there be any suggestions for improvement, the Plan will be updated accordingly. The Emergency Plan is reviewed annually and updated as required
To view a copy of the Plan click the link: Emergency Response Plan 2016
Read the Bulletin on “How to Handle an Emergency Situation”.
Emergency Planning Facebook Page
A Facebook page has been created to post information on emergency alerts that have been received as well as other general emergency preparedness information. Occasionally, other community information will also be posted to the Facebook page. You can view the information placed on the page and can post comments or photos, if you wish to do so. You are encouraged to “like” the page to keep updated.
Aamjiwnaang Notification System
Aamjiwnaang First Nation now has a new community notification system in place. All community residents are encouraged to register for this system. Emergency notifications will be sent out via the Aamjiwnaang Notification System. There is no cost to register for this system. Users can select their preferred contact method and types of notifications to be received. The only mandatory sections are the emergency notifications. There must be at least one contact method selected. Please use your home address when registering.
Off-reserve band members can also sign up for the Aamjiwnaang Notification System as they may be concerned about family members who are living in Aamjiwnaang. There could also be community information made available through this system that may be of interest to those living off-reserve. Simply follow the same procedures when registering ensuring at least one contact method is selected and your actual home address is used for your location.
The information that you provide will be used only for notification purposes. We will not give or sell your contact or location information to any vendor or other organization.
Click here to access the Aamjiwnaang Notification System to register.
City of Sarnia Notification System
Some emergency notifications may also be sent out via the City of Sarnia’s MyCNN Notification program. Aamjiwnaang Council has recommended that residents sign up for both systems as there may be instances where the emergency notifications will be received faster should the City receive more timely notifications of an emergency event. Users will have the option of selecting preferred contact methods and types of notifications to be received.
Click here to access the MyCNN sign up page. Click on the sign up link to register.
- Notification Report June 2018
- Notification Report May 2018
- Notification Report April 2018
- Notification Report March 2018
- Notification Report February 2018
- Notification Report January 2018
- Notification Report December 2017
- Notification Report November 2017
- Notification Report October 2017
- Notification Report September 2017
- Notification Report August 2017
- Notification Report July 2017
- Notification Report June 2017
- Notification Report May 2017
- Notification Report April 2017
- Notification Report March 2017
- February, 2017 Notification Report
- January, 2017 Notification Report
- December 2016 Notification Report
- November 2016 Notification Report
- October 2016 Notification Report
- September 2016 Notification Report
- August 2016 Notification Report
- July 2016 Notification Report
- June 2016 Notification Report
- May 2016 Notification Report
- April 2016 Notification Report
- March 2016 Notification Report
- February 2016 Notification Report
- January 2016 Notification Report
- December 2015 Notification Report
- November 2015 Notification Report
- October 2015 Notification Report
- September 2015 Notification Report
- August 2015 Notification Report
Emergency Management Ontario- http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/home.html
Community Awareness Emergency Response (CAER) http://www.caer.ca/
CAER Community Update Line – 1-855-4SARNIA (1-855-472-7642)
Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) https://www.ontario.ca/ministry-environment-and-climate-change
MOECC Sarnia Office (519) 336-4030
Spills Action Centre (Reporting) 1-800-268-6060
Wilson Plain Jr.