Employment and Training Programs and Services
Have You Considered:
- Type of Career you would like?
- Have you looked at what you need to get that career?
- Have you looked to see if there is a need for that career in your area:
- Have you any idea how much money you would earn in the career you have chosen?
- Do you have the long term commitment to meet your career goals?
Types of Programs Available
- Aboriginal Skills Training: support clients interested in attending courses that provide skills that are in demand in local labour market
- Aboriginal Labour Force Promotion Program: offer potential employers who are prepared to support full time permanent employer a wage subsidy
- Aboriginal Business Incentive: offer those clients interested in starting their own business financial support in the way of a living allowance during that initial start-up phase
- Aboriginal New Start Program: support client moving to a new job or attend an interview
- Aboriginal Employee Skills Enhancement Program: require assistance to upgrade skills to keep your job or to advance in the company
- Aboriginal Summer Student Career Program: opportunity for secondary and post-secondary students to gain work experience in a career field of interest
Types of Services Available
- Career Assessments
- Referral Services
- Job Search Supports
- Job Board
- Labour Market Info
- Job Coaching